Concrete is and remains one of the most energy efficient, durable and least costly materials for paving. Since the times of the Romans, concrete has been the choice of builders. Whether a simple parking surface lot, municipal street or interstate highway, Campos Construction has the expertise and experience to bring the job in on time and on budget.
For cities, villages and municipal agencies, environmentally proven concrete just makes sense! Some of the compelling reasons are:
- Heat Reduction – Concrete’s lighter color, reflects sunlight keeping city temperatures cooler than asphalt.
- Recycling – Concrete is easily recyclable. It is the most recycled construction material in the world.
- Durability – Concrete roads are long lasting. There are many concrete roadways are still in service 50 years after they were first constructed. Concrete’s durability means fewer potholes, cracks and misshapen roads.
- Safety – Concrete is very skid resistant in bad weather. Concrete’s light color provides better visibility at night.
- Maintenance & Repairs – Concrete pavements require less maintenance and repair, translating into lower levels of traffic congestion, less money and time spent on road repair.
- Better Gas Mileage / Less Resistance – Concrete has less resistance on traffic flow meaning better gas consumption for both cars and trucks.